Industrial Disease is still, sadly, very widespread. Many thousands of workers develop illnesses every year, caused directly by contact with something in the workplace. Injury and illness range from rapidly minor conditions to fatalities. For example, according to recent statistics from the UK Health and Safety Executive, 2,535 workers died from mesothelioma in the UK in 2012, up from 2,311 in 2011
Such illnesses are not just contracted by those working in heavy industry. Industrial disease covers a wide range of disease, injuries, or conditions caused over time through exposure at work to dangerous chemicals or materials (like asbestos) or defective work practices (eg causing interest levels of noise or repetitive strain injury).
Common industrial disease claims in the UK
The most common industrial disease claims our team run includes, for example;
- Asbestos casesmesothelioma
- pleural plaques
- pleural thickening
- asbestos-related lung cancer
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Industrial dermatitis
- Occupational asthma
- Occupational deafness/noise induced hearing loss and tinnitus
- RSI – repetitive strain injury
- Vibration White finger
- Work-related cancer claims
It is estimated, however, that only a relatively small percentage of those suffering from an industrial disease in the UK actually make a compensation claim. If you are the victim of industrial disease, our specialist team can help to win the compensation you deserve.
How Our Industrial Disease Claim Solicitors Can Help
- A FREE first interview so our team can assess whether your industrial disease claim is likely to succeed – and if so, what level of compensation you are likely to be awarded
- We offer no win no fee arrangements – so you keep 100% of your compensation
- Home or hospital visits for those too unwell to travel
Industrial disease is a highly complex area of law and, as a result, industrial disease claims need to be dealt with by solicitors with real experience in this area. Our specialist team understanding exactly what to look for, and how to run your industrial disease compensation claim.
Contact us now about your Industrial Disease Claim
Get in touch with our team about your industrial disease claim as soon as you can – there are strictly enforced time limits and you don’t want to miss out on the compensation you deserve.
- Call us for a FREE initial consultation on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544
- Or e-mail using the contact form below